Stars


It couldn't have been a coincidence,
When I drew my curtains and looked up for the
First time to see navy blue,
And also a universe

Of exaggeration,
Yet it was beautiful,
Not a single cloud among
the glittering patterns

Mostly of Orion, as
I can't really identify any others,
But it doesn't matter when the
Sky is a map, and imaginary lines are

Roads to unknown places with
The light at the end of a tunnel,
And when chaotic beauty just
Rushes in to fill every bit of

Your vision and you
Can't help but marvel at it
All and just step back and
Breathe.

It has become a routine for me now,
When the lights are off and
Everyone is asleep to
Just stare at the world above,

To get lost in every shining
Dream, to explore the universe with
Only a will, to identify the one constellation
I see everywhere,

Fascinated by the oddities and
Idiosyncrasies of our mortal
Lives and maybe get an
Existential crisis at one in the morning

But who cares when the
Entire universe is calming,
Mesmerizing, and just lulls
You back to sleep?

~Divya
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Guess who's back
Back again
And just finished exams
I'm brain dead

Comments

  1. If that isn't art... i don't know what is! I loved it! But what i loved about it most was the way you ended every stanza and continued the sentence in the next. I like how that really works well with the theme of your poem. This specialty kept me stuck on and unlike other poems which end with periods on every stanza, this one held my flow continuous. Just like stars and the universe..... feel like there should be an end but it just keeps going.
    If you find time, please check out my blog.
    ~Ritu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm currently experimenting with the different techniques in poetry (aka paying attention in English classes.) I'm glad you liked it!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I tried my best to convey the exact feeling when looking at constellations, the awe and amusement. I'm glad it came through. ♥

      Delete
  3. I am loving this, ur blog pretty calming tbh

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts